This blog is old. You don't want to read an old blog, do you?

If you are not redirected to the fancy new blog in about 6 seconds visit
http://backpackingdad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer Sale at the mall

We're at the mall on a Saturday because it's 93 degrees today and my apartment has whatever the opposite of air conditioning is, and it's on all the time, except in winter when I will suddenly have whatever the opposite of heat is.

Wandering away from the Baby Mosh Pit to reclaim some hearing I was led by my lovely daughter straight to one of those gimmicky photo booths.

Five dollars later (five dollars!) I was the proud owner of a Fold-It-Your-Damned-Self Foto Cube.

The instructions were simple: peel here, tear at perforation, fold here, stick together, voila! Foto Cube!

But the "peel here" instructions, so convenient and necessary, were, as it turned out, printed on the side of the paper that one would not, in fact, wish to peel off. Moreover, the paper was only perforated on the side that, ha ha, you would not wish to tear off.

So I am now the proud owner of a Fold-It-Your-Damned-Self Foto Cube. And three small rectangular stickers. Rather, Erin is the owner of the stickers.

I would be disgusted and disappointed and annoyed at my fortune in this matter, but for the 30 seconds of distilled joy Erin and I drank while making stupid faces for the camera. Five dollars.

Only five dollars?

7 comments:

Lis Garrett said...

(giggle giggle) There are certain areas of the mall I avoid at all costs when I'm there with my three kids, especially my youngest (nearly 4). They are the kiddie rides outside the family-friendly restaurant, the pet store and the photo booth. $5 for a box?! Holy guacamole!

moosh in indy. said...

They charge that much because they know suckers will pay anything for memories.
Which is why Disney has so much of my money.
But it was so worth it.

Swirl Girl said...

priceless memories - and only five bucks??

consider yourself a winner!

MereCat said...

Fold it your damned self! Bwah ahaha! That had to have been fun, though. Love the post.

Diane J. said...

Okay, I'm jealous. I'd pay $5 to get a picture with any one of my five boys. Three are teens and the twins are 8. The teens would charge me to sit still for a photo with them plus the cost of the photo...I shudder to think how much that would cost to pay off those kids. The young ones, I would pay $5 for a picture that is not blurred or has me glaring at them to sit still.

Seriously? The pictures are cute and I loved the post, it gave me a good laugh.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

You got a unique momento, unlike anything you had expected.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Pretty freakin' awesome photo cube!! Even if you can't really use it and make it into anything...after all, it's the memories that count, isn't it?

I wish they had those booth cubes photo things here...we still only have the simple 5 photos in a row booth. Boooorrrring