This blog is old. You don't want to read an old blog, do you?

If you are not redirected to the fancy new blog in about 6 seconds visit
http://backpackingdad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 12, 2009

"Just so you know, Dad, they didn't win the year Erin was born either."

Well kid, you're wiser and more at peace about this than I am. I think the term is "equanimity" and you've got it in spades.

But just so you know, kid, we're watching every Red Wings game together next year. Your sister and I did that last year and I'm pretty sure that was the difference maker.
And you know what? I'm still pretty happy. Happy to see you every day. Happy to hold you when you cry. Happy to bounce you to sleep in my arms.

See you after your nap, kid.

9 comments:

Melinda Hamby said...

Awwwww *melts* So precious. Kids really tend to mellow you out, don't they?

Aunt Becky said...

Wait, they didn't win last night? Thanks to Twitter, I hadn't realized.

Jill said...

A rabid sports fan with perspective. Now that's something you don't see everyday!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

OM-FREAKING-GAWD Shawn! He. Is. GORGEOUS! Absolutely scrumptious!

Swirl Girl said...

red wings? did you say something about a sport? I didn't hear since I was too busy drooling over adorable babi-ness.

anymommy said...

Wow! He looks like your little girl in that picture. So sweet. Sorry, no sympathy, I am so glad to see hockey vacate twitter.

bejewell said...

This is totally off-topic because frankly, I don;t care about hockey. Or baseball, or whatever it is you're talking about.

But I just have to say this: You and Emily picked two seriously awesome names for your kids. Erin? Adrian? Love them.

Otter Thomas said...

Sorry about he Redwings. Having those little ones around sure softens the blow.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

So sweet.