This blog is old. You don't want to read an old blog, do you?

If you are not redirected to the fancy new blog in about 6 seconds visit
http://backpackingdad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Not possible

Sometimes when Erin really likes what she is eating she'll crack a big smile then jut her chin forward and let out an "mmmMMMMM".

But how am I supposed to tell the difference between those sincere exclamations and what I'm certain are the formalities she's learned: even with a disgusted, scrunched up face, or lemon sour-puss, she'll still give us "mmmMMMMM".

Is it possible she has already learned how to humour us?

4 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

Deciphering child lingo was always a study in hilarity and confusion at our house.

for a different kind of girl said...

I think they learn that from the moment they see us react with joy or laughter. From then on out, the curtain rises on another entertaining day.

Anonymous said...

Maybe "mmmMMMMM" just means "I'm examining this sensation, cataloging this flavor" and you can only go by her facial expression to tell what her assessment is.

Backpacking Dad said...

loralee: yeah, sometimes I just give up and pretend she's always just saying "I love you daddy, please tickle me until I pee."

FADKOG: I'm positive she tells jokes.

anonymous: s'possible. But I prefer "I love this" and "I'm going to tell you that I love this, but I don't; not really."