This blog is old. You don't want to read an old blog, do you?

If you are not redirected to the fancy new blog in about 6 seconds visit
http://backpackingdad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

If all the moms jumped off the playground swing, would you?

Apparently I would.

Many of the bloggers I've started reading (Motherbumper, Mom to the Screaming Masses and Sarah and the Goon Squad, among others) have posted raw, morning pictures of themselves. I'm not entirely clear on the purpose, but the dad-activist in me can't let this opportunity to be in on the game pass. Dads can play too. And we look just as terrible first thing in the morning as anyone.


So here is a picture of Erin this morning, you know, before she put on her makeup:



And this one is me without any product in my hair:


And this one is Emily when she first woke up:








Yeah. As if I was going to get away with that one. But instead, here is one of Erin and myself right before our Hair and Wardrobe people arrived at our on set trailer.



Do I win anything?

9 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

What if I woke up in some weird world where the time was 5 p.m., and I was magically ready for work? Would that count? Yeah? No? Sigh...

Backpacking Dad said...

Nope. pre-9am only, I think.

Mandy said...

I like your bravery! I saw motherbumper's challenge, but there's no way anyone is going to get a pre-shower, makeup photo of me. I need photoshop BIG TIME.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Can you win mad props?

If so, you win.

motherbumper said...

Oh so you spring for the Hair and Wardrobe people eh? I spend that money on cookies and cheese in a can. Much more satisfying since the only people that see me are the FedEx man and the pizza guy.

And your sidekick is super cute and cool lookin' there Dad.

Backpacking Dad said...

mandy: come on. just use the picasa red-eye reduction to take care of the effects of, you know, having kids that you lose sleep over, and you'll be fine. I won't tell.

sarah: hooray for mad props! But it's all of you ladies who posted pics that deserve the mad props; I'm just a daddy come lately.

motherbumper: I have no problem at all spending my wife's hard-earned money on the Hair and Makeup people. Although I do like canned cheese...

I can't find my blog said...

I really couldn't participate in that challenge-it would ruin the whole headless think, ya know?

I like your blog so far-and Erin is a doll!!

Backpacking Dad said...

Even more reason to do it. That's a picture everyone needs to see :}

the new girl said...

Aw, Man.
You guys are wicked cute together.