This blog is old. You don't want to read an old blog, do you?

If you are not redirected to the fancy new blog in about 6 seconds visit
http://backpackingdad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Childbirth Doesn’t Break Your Funny Bone or Your Sappiness Ligament

I handed an ibuprofen to my charming, beautiful, intelligent, saint of a wife who less than a week earlier had squozen my son from her Woomba® and asked her what I, a mere male mortal, might procure for her in order to slake her thirst and wash down the only comfort afforded her.

“Oh, just a Vitamin Water®. I think there’s a half-drunk one in the fridge.”

I immediately thought up my witty hand-off remark and prepared it as I grabbed the beverage from the fridge and carried it over to the chair in which my glorious, perfect wife was sitting.

“Well, this one was stumbling around a bit and yelling at cops.”

“That’s awesome. But is that really half-drunk?”

“Yeah, I guess not. That’s all the way drunk.”

“This one was talking to girls who were totally out of his league.”

Me too, lady. You’ve always been out of my league.

Number 1!

24 comments:

Maria Melee said...

You guys are dorks. It is so cute.

I'm glad squozen is taking off.

mom2nji said...

Aww! But I agree, total dorks.

Sarah said...

Wow, is that adorable. Lucky you, lucky her:)

Kellee said...

Yes, so very cute. :)

Della said...

I think this is my favorite post you've ever posted.

Holly said...

Are you trying to win husband of the year? I think you're ahead. :)

Swirl Girl said...

woomba, tee-hee! You're sweet.

and slake is an much underused verb, my fourth grader had it as a vocabulary word this month.

Al_Pal said...

Hee. How frackin' awesome.
Great post! :D
Funny AND sweet.

Karen said...

The two of you are so lucky to have each other.

furiousBall said...

i'd like to read this story if you came back from the fridge with a pbr tallboy

Jenni said...

you're making my teeth hurt.

MereCat said...

How sweet. And so funny!

Bethany said...

This is why i stop by BPD... beautiful baby news and a post-partum conversation that makes me giggle. :)

Kris said...

Damn that's sweet. What is wrong with my husband???

MFA Mama said...

Awww...you guys are so cute :)

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Dorks! Love it. How is the squozen one? {giggle}

Whit said...

You're the whole package.

Lunasea said...

Awwwww.

The Hopeful Elephant said...

Not sure of which word is my new favorite: squozen or Woomba...

Sandie said...

Congrats on you baby! I used to see your comments on Lindsay's blog a long, long time ago- somehow I stumbled across you again and you made me snort out loud! I'll be back:)

caramama said...

Very funny! I thoroughly enjoyed that!

Also, I enjoyed how wonderful you are to your wife! Keep up the good work supporting, flattering and providing humour to your wife (and the sharing the humour with us!).

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Cute little couple. Adorable.

Amanda said...

Love it!

sasha said...

what i can say about this blog
its really awesome
here is a link about women health pregnancy and tubal reversal
http://www.mybabydoc.com/blog/