This blog is old. You don't want to read an old blog, do you?

If you are not redirected to the fancy new blog in about 6 seconds visit
http://backpackingdad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I should write a parenting book

"I don't know what it is," I began as I grabbed a pillow and began twirling it by the bunched opening of the case, "but I just had this overwhelming urge to hide behind the door until Erin came through and then BAM! Nail her with the pillow."

"Well, you get what you pay for." Emily sardonicized at me.

"What does that mean?"

"I mean this fatherhood gig you signed up for that doesn't pay you."

"What? I think that would be an awesome fatherhood moment."

The Super Ninja Secret Ambush With Pillow lesson: Fatherhood Year Three.

4 comments:

Mum-me said...

"sardonicized" - great word!

Lis Garrett said...

And did you follow thru on that urge? Well, she might be a little young yet to be blasted in the face with a pillow. Give her a few years. But you could hide in the closet and make scary monster noises. Er, maybe that's just something I'd do (and have done numerous times). ;-)

cIII said...

How very Inspector Clouseau / Kato.

But, as I have come to realize...sometimes You are Clouseau and She is Kato. That knife cuts both ways.

Either way, It's totally worth it.

Meg said...

I dunno, I think that'd be pretty darn hilarious, but I'm not exactly Mother of the Year material.