This blog is old. You don't want to read an old blog, do you?

If you are not redirected to the fancy new blog in about 6 seconds visit
http://backpackingdad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Great Interview Experiment

So, Neil Kramer over at Citizen of the Month has done a fabulous thing. He has invited bloggers to sign up to interview each other, just like the rock stars they really are. New bloggers, veteran bloggers, red and blue bloggers, they've all signed up to be interviewed, one after another after another.

I looked on the sign up page recently and there, just waiting for someone to interview, was Oh The Joys. How awesome. I clicked on the comment form as quickly as I could to paste my name all over that sucker because I love Oh The Joys.

She sent her questions to me and I said "Wow, I so should never be around her or anyone she knows if I've had more than half a glass of wine." And then I said "There is no way I'm answering these questions out where my, uh, parents, can read the answers." :}

So she sent some more questions and I just have to give her some mad propz yo for doing twice the work to get something printable out of me.

So, if you want to know a little bit more about me, go ahead and click on over to Oh The Joys. You won't regret it, because I'm really interesting to talk to.

And stay tuned to this space for my interview with The Redneck Mommy! Coming Soon! As soon as soon can be! As soon as I can think of questions to ask her. Any ideas? E-mail me at backpackingdad@backpackingdad.com and I'll spring them on her.

17 comments:

Meg said...

Oh I LOVE this idea, I think I might have to check it out. And then I'm going to go check out everything about you. I can't believe you wouldn't answer the more risque questions.

Anonymous said...

I like that idea and I liked reading your answers to her questions. It is nice to get more insight into people and as I am new to reading your blog that did help me a lot. I am interested in just knowing what the questions were that you wouldn't answer. I am curious and like to know more about people, but then again I do read peoples blogs and dive into their personal lives so I guess it isn't all that shocking. Make sure to post that somewhere on your site for the newbies!

Mandy said...

I just heard of this concept and read Neil's blog. I signed up... dunno what I've got myself in for.

And you vetoed the juicy questions... how boring! ;)

Swirl Girl said...

I wonder what the juicy questions were? Those are the real interesting ones, I am sure.

I enjoyed learning more about you...and your dad-ness.

for a different kind of girl said...

Might there be a special edition director's cut version of this interview released one day?

Anonymous said...

Dude. I have no idea what you are getting at? Why can you not be around people Jess knows if you have had any liquor?

All *I* remember is you standing in the corner pretending to be James Dean.

And no cheating. The point of this game is to come up with questions ON YOUR OWN.

But nice try, Mr. Smartypants.

flutter said...

I ran over here from DMD, where you used my favorite word in a way previously unseen "asshattery"

you are now my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Verrry verrry good interview. You may have inspired me to go give it a try!

R. Molder said...

Ask her - what is the #1 red neck vacation you have had?

OhTheJoys said...

It was my distinct pleasure, my friend.

Best,
OTJ

Badass Geek said...

I respond to all questions asked to me like I did to the math questions on my SAT.

A blank stare.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love interviews--can't wait! :)

Anonymous said...

I thought I was your favorite philosopher.

Robin said...

So what questions would you not answer? I am now and forever going to call you Secret Backpacking Dad unless you spill. You can't mention there was another set of ?? and not expect to be harassed by us.

So I went over to Neil's site. I am like the seventy gillionth commenter..Always a day late and a blog short.

Backpacking Dad said...

Sorry kids, no one gets to see those questions :}

Anonymous said...

Excuse me Backpackingdad, I am not only blog stalking you, I DID leave a comment a couple of days ago on your super sweet Buffy/Cat/Love Wife post...sometimes I try and come up with terribly witty things to say and I am not able to get my thoughts across eloquently enough, but I PROMISE you will hear more and more from me the more I read your posts!

Backpacking Dad said...

Ange: It's okay. I totally blog stalk you too :} And I saw that comment on the other post and thought "Ange? the Ange? Nah..." and then I didn't click through to see if it was you :}